Foundation Course in Humanities (FCH) - 60 FC cr
The modules are divided in the following way:
- Italian Literature: an introduction 12 FC cr
- Modern European History 9 FC cr
- Greek and Roman Archaeology 6 FC cr
- History of Art: an introduction 6 FC cr
- Introduction to Philosophical Thought 3 FC cr
The remaining 24 credits will consist of courses in the Italian Language and Culture to make up a total of 60 credits.
What is the foundation course?
The Foundation Course is a study programme composed of two fields of study: Humanities (Foundation Course in Humanities-FCH) and Sciences (Foundation Course in Science-FCS), taught in English and primarily aimed at candidates who do not possess the minimum schooling requirements outlined in current legislation for enrolment at Italian universities.
Attendance of the Foundation Course is mandatory and students must accumulate all the credits provided by the course in order to obtain the final qualification.
The modules available within the Foundation Course are taught in English and a certificate of knowledge of the English language at a B2 level is required.
Suitable candidates for the foundation course
The Foundation Course is primarily aimed at candidates who:
- possess a secondary school leaving qualification obtained abroad after 10 or 11 years of schooling;
- possess an American high school qualification which does not include any Advanced Placements (APs) required for enrolment according to current legislation.
Candidates may also apply for the Foundation Course, even if they are in possession of the 12 years of schooling required for enrolment, in order to fill in any educational or linguistic gaps, by choosing single MODULES within the module list offered by the Foundation Course.
Specific admission procedures for the Foundation Course for Italian citizens in possession of a secondary school leaving qualification
Italian citizens in possession of a secondary school leaving qualification may be admitted onto the Foundation Course if they have:
- achieved positive results from at least 2 years’ attendance at a foreign educational system which did not include the necessary Advanced Placements for enrolment at an Italian University, as outlined in current legislation. Such candidates are obliged to substitute 24 Foundation Course credits (FC cr) in modules related to the Italian Language and Culture with credits of equal value from the module list offered by the Foundation Course;
- achieved positive results from one year of attendance at a foreign educational system and are in possession of the necessary Advanced Placements for enrolment at an Italian University. Such candidates are obliged to substitute 24 FC cr in modules related to the Italian Language and Culture with FC cr of equal value from the module list offered by the Foundation Course.
Esta escola oferece programas em:
Última actualização January 14, 2018